Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and RegulationMARYLAND COVERAGE OF PUBLIC SECTOR EMPLOYEES
Thomas E. Perez, Secretary
1100 North Eutaw Street, Room 613
Baltimore, Maryland 21201-2206
Division of Labor and Industry
Ron DeJuliis, Commissioner
(410) 767-2986 FAX
Maryland Occupational Safety & Health (MOSH)
Roger Campbell, Acting Assistant Commissioner
Maryland State Plan Web Page
How to File a Complaint with MOSH
[This site includes a downloadable complaint form
for the reporting of workplace hazards]
ANNOTATED CODE OF MARYLAND
LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT ARTICLE
Section 5-206. Occupational safety and health programs for public bodies.
- Responsibility of the Commissioner. - The Commissioner shall provide for and maintain a comprehensive and effective program on occupational safety and health for employees of public sector bodies.
- Requirements of the program. - The program under this section shall:
- be generally consistent with this title;
- provide conditions and places of employment that are safe and healthful;
- develop, conduct, and maintain in each unit of the public body a program of self inspection that the Commissioner approves;
- keep and make available to the Commissioner each record that the Commissioner requires under this title and for development of information about occupational accidents, illnesses, and injuries, to allow proper evaluation and necessary corrective action; and
- submit each report that the Commissioner requires.
- Monitoring inspections. - The Commissioner shall monitor the program of each public body for self-inspection.
- Exemption from Penalties. - The penalties under Subtitle 8 of this title do not apply to a public body. ( An. Code 1957, art. 89,$ 45;1991,ch.8$ 2.)
Maryland Workforce Exchange
Maryland Occupational Safety and Health (MOSH) - Publications