The Chemical Waste Management, Inc. hazardous waste landfill at
|The EPA has placed restriction on which hazardous wastes may be disposed in landfills and deep injection wells. 40 CFR Part 268 provides the regs, but read on here to understand them!
For those of you familiar with "The Slemmer Guide" from John Slemmer's days at Chemical Waste Management; a totally new printed guide to hazardous waste is now available. Call 770-645-0788 for information.
A very simple overview (4 page pdf Land Disposal Restrictions brochure) is available here.
Land Disposal Restrictions
- The Landban regulations - 40 CFR Part 268 (pdf).
- Clarification of Standards for Hazardous Waste Land Disposal Restriction Treatment Variances
Final Rule - December 1997
- Clarification of the Land Disposal Restrictions' Dilution Prohibition and Combustion of Inorganic Metal-Bearing Hazardous Wastes || About...
- Deferral of Phase IV Standards for PCBs as an Underlying Hazardous Constituent in Soil; Proposed Rule - February 16, 2000
- Hazardous Waste Land Disposal Restrictions: Notice of Public Meeting - June 1998
- Hazardous Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste; Chlorinated Aliphatics Production Wastes; Land Disposal Restrictions for Newly Identified Wastes; CERCLA Hazardous Substance Designation and Reportable Quantities;
Proposed Rule - July 25, 1999
- Hazardous Waste Management System; Identification and Listing of Hazardous Waste: Dye and Pigment Industries; Land Disposal Restrictions for Newly Identified Wastes; CERCLA Hazardous Substance Designation and Reportable Quantities;
Proposed Rule - July 23, 1999
- Information Collection Request for the Land Disposal Restrictions Surface Impoundment Study - February 10, 1998
- Land Disposal Restrictions: Notice of Intent to Grant a Site-Specific Determination of Equivalent Treatment to Pioneer Chlor-Alkali, Inc. - September 23, 1999
- Land Disposal Restrictions: Notice of Intent To Grant a Site-Specific Treatment Variance to Chemical Waste Management, Inc.
Final Rule - May 26, 1999
- Land Disposal Restrictions Phase IV, Final Rule
- Promulgating Treatment Standards for Metal Wastes
- and Mineral Processing Wastes; Mineral Processing Secondary
- Materials and Bevill Exclusion Issues; Treatment Standards for
- Hazardous Soils, and Exclusion of Recycled Wood Preserving
Final Rule - May 1998
- Land Disposal Restrictions, Phase IV, Final Rule
- Treatment Standards for Wood Preserving Wastes,
- Paperwork Reduction and Streamlining, Exemptions from RCRA
- for Certain Processed Materials, and Miscellaneous
- Hazardous Waste Provisions - April 1997
Supplemental, Supporting, and Background Documents